Sunday, November 22, 2009

Some oldies but goodies


I made this olive bread awhile back and it photographed better than it tasted. It was a beautiful loaf, made from a recipe from a breadmaker in France, using black olives and honey. It should have been good, but this was back in my beginner bread making days; when I didn't know how to critique a recipe. The inside of this bread was not cooked enough, and the purple color of the greek olives turned some of the dough inside a weird shade of purple. But it was a thing of beauty.


This is a shot of snow on the new buds of a Judas Tree in my front yard. It happened one spring when it snowed here in April, something that very rarely happens. The snow was gone by the afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. That does look like delicious bread! BTW, I appreciate your visits and comments to my blog.

    Cheers!
    Julie
    Julie Magers Soulen Photography
    Blog of Note

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two amazing shots. That bread makes me want to run right out to a bakery! The flowers simply delight the eye. Lucky you to have such blossoms. In answer to your question about the horse on my blog yesterday, it's a very old toy belonging to the Robert Todd Lincoln family.

    ReplyDelete